Olympic Glass has been a proud member of the Bainbridge Island business community since 1969. Prior to moving to Bainbridge Island, Bob Bernhard, the founder of Olympic Glass lived in Seattle & operated the company, under the name Rainier Glass since 1958.
Olympic Glass began as a small shop here on Bainbridge Island of only about 100 square feet in a building in the area Safeway now occupies. After working in these cramped quarters for a year, Bob moved the business to downtown Winslow. Rainier Glass (Olympic Glass’s original name) occupied the space under Town & Country Market. With a growing business and family, Bob decided to turn part of the shop into a ski shop, thus in 1976 Rainier Glass became Olympic Glass & Ski Shop. In 1980 Bob took the opportunity to move the shop into the Lundgren Building on the corner of Winslow Way & Madison. During that time Olympic Glass & Ski, became simply Olympic Glass. By 1987 Olympic Glass had again outgrown its location. This time Bob decided to build his own shop. He built the shop at its current location on Sportsman Club Road.
In 1997 Bob finally decided to retire. He offered to pass the torch, & sell Olympic Glass to two longtime employees, Ed Lofgren & Steve Small.
We at Olympic Glass are proud to carry on the tradition of outstanding knowledge, excellent service, and a true feeling of appreciation for our community.
"Your Experienced Window, Door and Glass Source"
Email or Give Us a Call Today!